The Family Enterprise Research Conference (FERC) in association with Universidad del Desarrollo in Chile are pleased to welcome you to the 9th Family Enterprise Research Conference: Closing the gap between emerging and developed economies. This version of the conference will be held between May 17 and 19 of 2013 in Chile at the beautiful coastal city of Viña del Mar.
The Conference will gather scholars from all over the world who are interested in creating and disseminating knowledge on the family enterprise, which remains the most common and often less studied type of organization.
Understanding the unique dynamics of family businesses and enhancing their possibilities for seeking prosperity and sustainability, is a great challenge. Therefore we invite you to take part in this important meeting, which will be an opportunity to share viewpoints and learn on the latest research concerning family firms.
Five reasons to attend FERC Chile 2013
- International Conference: 9th version and first time to be held in the southern hemisphere (Multilingual English, Spanish and Portuguese)
- 3th Doctoral Student Consortium and Professional Workshop: a unique opportunity to make a high-level academic network
- Awards: USD 35,000 sponsored by Business Families Foundation, The Family Owned Business Institute at Grand Valley State University, MCS Financial Advisors and Familias Empresarias Management Consulting,
- Keynote Speaker: “Highlighting the role of Latin American research in Family Firms” by Belen Villalonga PhD.
- Chile and Conference Venue: At the End of the World (8.5 hours from Miami), located on the western coast of Latin America, Chile is a unique geography offers a broad variety of breathtaking landscapes, ranging from volcanoes to glaciers.